Love is in the air, folks! Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I have a little extra time on my hands these days so I've been researching some gift and craft ideas to celebrate the day of L-O-V-E. I thought I would share what I've found, in case anyone out there needs some ideas.
Here's a collection of delicious looking Valentine's treats put together by Love from the Oven.
How about these stained glass beauties from The Oliverson Posse?
They are made with Jolly Ranchers.
Other things you can do at home...
- Shape your homemade pizza dough into a heart or write a message with your toppings.
- Drizzle a cereal mix or popcorn with white chocolate and conversation hearts for a quick snack.
- Drop a marble in your muffin tin to shape your cupcake liner into a heart.
- Turn your meat 'loaf' into meat 'love' by shaping it into a heart.
- Make red velvet anything! Can't go wrong with red velvet.
- Top your french toast, pancakes or waffles with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
- Drop Valentine's M&Ms into your cookies or brownies or even your pancakes or waffles.
There are tons and tons of food ideas out there. These are just a few that I've thought of or found on the interwebs. Whatever you do with your V-Day food, have fun!
My number one suggestion for Valentine's Day crafts is to get on Pinterest. There are so many great ideas out there. Here are a few that I've wrangled up:
- Get the kids involved with these great ideas compiled by Mom's Shopping Engine.
- Hand out these cute printable Valentine's Day cards brought together by Feels Like Home.
- Put some cute sayings together with candies or small treats. Here's a list of sayings found at Skip to My Lou.
Amazon has put together a great selection of popular Valentine's Day gifts with many gifts on sale. Click here to go straight to their V-Day section.
You can create some beautiful, memorable photo gifts at CVS Photo. They are currently running a promotion for 25% off photo Valentine's Day cards (use code CVSVALCARD - promo ends 2/9). They also offer lots of photo gifts - coffee mugs, mouse pads, phone and tablet covers, etc. We ordered an ornament, a poster and some photo magnets as Christmas gifts and were very happy with the quality and the quick turnaround.
I know I go on about Ebates a lot, but seriously, it's a great deal. Who doesn't want a little cash back when shopping on-line? If you're not a member, sign up! It's completely free. Ebates has bumped up their rebates for several different on-line stores, including:
- 20% cash back at FTD and Teleflora florists
- 12% cash back at ProFlowers
- 4% cash back at Victoria's Secret
- 6% cash back at Kohl's
- 8% cash back at Godiva
- 3% cash back at Amazon on jewelry and watches
However you celebrate the day, whatever amount of effort you put into it, I hope it's a day filled with love and appreciation.
photo credit: Mark Gstohl via photopin cc